Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Word From the Wise (The Wise Being God)

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Dear Nadia,
My ex-boyfriend and I can't stand each other. We can't even be in the same room without making sure the other one know how much we hate each other. He was a creep and tried to pressure me into having sex with him and we broke up because he realized it wasn't gonna happen. And he was a jerk the whole time we went out too. I can't even explain how much I wish he would just disappear from my life. How can I get over this anger and hate?
Anger and Hatred 
 
 
 
 
Dear Anger and Hatred,
 
I'm sorry, sweet sister in Christ! As you try to forgive this guy, turn to Jesus and pour out your heart to Him. "Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you" (1 Peter 5:7). Let Him heal you and let His love bring you peace!

It sounds like this guy needs a lot of prayers! I'm not going to lie, it's incredibly difficult, but Jesus says " I'm telling you to love your enemies. Let them bring out the best in you, not the worst. When someone gives you a hard time, respond with the energies of prayer!" (Matthew 5:44). You are a Princess of the King, you are the one with Jesus saturating your heart! You are strong in Him, and you are the one with the power to let go. One quote that helps me is "Every time I remember the hurt, I will forgive." Give it to Jesus then let go of it. It's like the scene from Pilgrim's progress: Pilgrim was traveling with a burden weighing him down and struggling immensely. However, when he came to the feet of the cross, his burden fell and he was free!

Lastly, "be... tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you" (Ephesians 4:32). Let Jesus hold your heart and make it soft. Don't let pain make your heart hard and bitter. Look at Jesus, our Savior and Prince - "We do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses" (Hebrews 4:15), He knows exactly what we are going through! On the cross, even as we rejected and scorned Him, His heart overflowed with love for us and His mercy knew no bounds.
I'm praying for you and I know that Jesus is holding your heart!

~Nadia

Did you know that Nadia is horrible at ping-pong?!

1 comment:

  1. And also, Anger and Hatred...realize that you were right to not have sex with him, and if he wanted to go there, it's good that you've broken up anyway. You have that confidence before God.

    I totally get ya though...when someone you were close to betrays/hurts you like that, it's really really ridiculously hard to forgive. But Jesus is right there with you to give you strength and peace and to help you through. Hope things get better for you! ♥

    Good verses and advice, Nadia! (:

    ReplyDelete