Monday, May 7, 2012

Wandering Wonderings~ Nataleigh Robinson

Death, Pain, Anger, Humiliation
Why all of this complication?
Why must there be such devastation?
If God is a God of adoration
Then why is there such speculation?
I scream up to the sky
Begging for some kind of answer
But the heavens are silent
You refuse to speak
Refuse to let down an answer

I’ve done everything you’ve asked
But still you let this happen
In your love I basked
Now life’s all misshapen
Why can’t you just do what I first asked?
Then I hear your voice from up above:
“Have I not loved you with an everlasting love?
Did I not create you from the dust?
Did I not command that in me you trust?
Yet here you sit and fuss and fuss
Now I am reminded who is in charge
I know that his love is large
Though I do not always understand
He holds my life in his right hand
I will trust in him!
I know he treasures me
I know he values me
His love is beyond what I can see
But is it wrong for me to have these questions?
Is my anger a transgression?

Though his sight is better than mine
Though he sees my first and last
Though he knows things I cannot
Though he loves me a whole darn lot
Through all these things I can’t help questioning
Is it wrong to seek answers?
If so why do we think?
Is it wrong to be angry?
If so why do we feel?
Are these not gifts from God?
I think God must love our questions
Is he too big that he doesn’t care?
Or too small that he cannot listen?
Not at all! He can take it
I feel closer when I question
I will not be afraid to question
I will not be afraid to rant and rave
I will not be afraid to cast the blame
I will not be afraid to shout
My God is a big God!

Photograph property of Lilies Among Thorns Magazine. Photograph taken by Abby Whear.

No comments:

Post a Comment