Thursday, January 6, 2011

Does Beauty Consume You?~ An Inner Beauty Article by Madeline Hunt


Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised. Proverbs 31:30
 
 
If beauty is fleeting why do we as girls care so much about it and place out hopes on it? Because the culture has taught us that being beautiful is the most important thing a woman should seek after. It seems as if there is always the new "fix you face" or "Look 20 years younger" wonder drugs. Are you letting your longing for being beautiful consume you?
 
If your not quite sure ask yourself these questions...
*How long do I take to get ready compared to the time I spend with the Lord?
*Are the worlds fashions more important to me then dressing modestly?
*Do I spend hours pouring over fashion magazines and websites?
* What is more important to me, Serving others or making sure I look fabulous before I even think about leaving the house?
*Is the attention of others people, especially guys more  important to me then dressing for the glory of the Lord?
*Am I wearing make-up to cover my imperfections or to totally change my look to what I see as the "Perfect Girl"?
 
Remember that God can do anything and He can make Beauty from ashes. He can change the way you look at beauty. What does God really call beautiful? Humility, Love, Joy, Patience, Self-control and many other things, just look in His word.
 
 
Tips for being beautiful in God's Eye's
*Spend time with Him every day in Bible reading, Prayer, and memorization.
*Don't worry about the way you appear in other peoples eye's
*Pray for a Heart that is beautiful to God
*Look for ways to worship the Lord Unashamed!
*Try to find ways to bless your family, friends, and even strangers.
*Remember you chief aim in life To Glorify God and Enjoy Him Forever!
 
 
So how can you over come your imperfections both inside and outside? Seek to Glorify God in Everything, Worship Him unashamed and disregard the opinions of man when it comes to beauty and seek what the King sees as Beautiful!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment