Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Soul Surfer~ A Movie Review by Kari Willinger

 
 
When I went to see this movie with my mom, all i could think of was how much it showed me that God can take even the worst things and bring something good from it. This was such a great and moving story. It really impacted me and hopefully it will impact you too.


Bethany Hamilton (AnnaSophia Robb from 'Bridge to Terabithia') is a greatly gifted teenage surfer, with the dream of becoming a pro. She lives an amazing life, surfing all day, everyday, until her world suddenly changes like never before. A shark attack leaves her without her left arm. She shows amazing courage in returning to the water and continuing to surf. Unfortunately, she is unable to do well because of the loss of her arm. She quits surfing and joins her Youth ministry leader Sarah Hill (Carrie Underwood) in a missions trip to Thailand. There, she learns of how she can inspire people . She understands that the loss of her arm can also be taken as a gift and decides to use that gift.


This movie is PG. There is no sex or nudity in the film, though girls are wearing bikinis throughout the movie. Bethany's parents, Tom Hamilton (Dennis Quaid) and Cheri Hamilton (Helen Hunt) kiss playfully in the movie, but nothing remotely graphic. I think this is a great movie and I hope you do too :)

5 comments:

  1. I did too it really spoke to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review. I've read and heard a lot of reviews saying this movie is really inspirational and inspiring and based on all the news I've heard on the real Bethany Hamilton this definitely sounds like a movie I need to watch. I did just start subscribing and working with DISH Network as well, so I like all new customers got Blockbuster by mail free for 3 months http://bit.ly/khvWnc, so I'll for sure be adding this one to the top of my movie queue! I can't wait to check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you I hope you really like it.
    - Kari

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was quire impressed by the story of this movie. Really it was an amazing movie.

    soul songs

    ReplyDelete