Friday, December 9, 2011

My Christmas Movie List~ Kari Willinger



This year was a great year for movies. I love most of what came out and am asking for them in my Christmas list, and yes im serious im 17 and I still have a Christmas list ;). The movies on my list are the movies I think were great. They had a good plot, little sexuality, and minor cursing if any. These movies can be for many age groups because yes a few of them are cartoons :). So, if your looking for more items to include in your list then here are a few items to help out.
The Eagle
In 120 A.D. Rome sends the Ninth Legion into the unconquered land of Northern Britian. This Legion full of 5,000 warriors and 1 commander disappears, never to be heard from again. The Romans lost this battle, but not only did they the Legion shame themselves with that but they also lost The Golden Eagle. The Golden Eagle was the Legions Standard and what represented everything Rome stood for. After this unhonorable incident the Romans built Hadrians wall. A wall to seperate them from the barbarians of the woods and overall to the edge of their civilization.
20 Years later Rome is still scarred because of such a terrible loss but one commander is scarred worse than anyone else. Marcus Aquila (Channing Tatum) is the son of the commander that lost The Golden Eagle and the 5,000 men. After Commander Marcus gets injured in battle he decideds to go on a seemingly suicidal quest in search for the lost Golden Eagle. Join this dangerous journey for Honor and a priceless treasure.
The Eagle is Pg-13, there is one part where you see Marcus wake up with no shirt and only what looks like a loin clothe on, but this is the extent of sex/nudity. The cursing in this film is minor with 1 sh--h---, d---, a--, bloody, and 2 uses of the word p---. This movie was very good and i think should recieve a 4/5.
I am Number Four
Now I know there has to be at least of few of you who know what it feels like to be the new kid. It sucks right? Going to a new school and having to meet new people and make new friends is a realy hard thing to do. Well for a guy named Number four (Alex Pettyfer|) its harder and stranger than ever. Number four is from a planet named Lorien. He came to Earth after his home planet was destroyed by the Magadorians. Now every few weeks or so Number four has to move to different states and towns around the world. He has to change his name and meet many new people, all so the Magadorians don't succeed in finishing there job with him and the other 8 survivors of Lorian. The movie starts off with the killing of one of the Numbers, then you see Number four (with a fake name and life) riding a jetski with friends. Later at night he goes off to hang with a girl when his leg starts glowing. You find out later this means a Number has died and this time it was Number three, which means Number one, Number two, and Number three are officially dead and Number four is next.
This leads to Number four moving again to a town named Paradise, Ohio. Number four changes his name to John Smith (not obvious at all haha) and enrolls himself into highschool. There he meets a girl he falls in love with. Paradise starts to feel like home to..uh Number four..John? and he finds he wants to stay. Too bad the Magadorians are determined to find and kill him. John doesnt have long until they find him but will he survive? or will the Magadorians succeed? Guess you better watch and find out ;)
This movie was rated PG-13, you see Number four with his shirt off a few times, there are a number of bikini clad woman about and later in the movie a girl (Number six) is wearing a see through shirt where you can see her bra. There are about 10 s--- words and a handful of the words a--, b----, and h---. Gods name is misused a few times. Because of the profanity I rate this 3/5 but the movie is really good and if you have a cuss box I would definitly reccomend this movie.
Soul Surfer
I already reviewed this movie for you (and a couple others that are on this list) but this movie I picked particularly because of how powerful and amazing this movie was to me. It really spoke to me and showed me how great or God is
Bethany Hamilton (AnnaSophia Robb from 'Bridge to Terabithia') is a greatly gifted teenage surfer, with the dream of becoming a pro. She lives an amazing life, surfing all day, everyday, until her world suddenly changes like never before. A shark attack leaves her without her left arm. She shows amazing courage in returning to the water and continuing to surf. Unfortunately, she is unable to do well because of the loss of her arm. She quits surfing and joins her Youth ministry leader Sarah Hill (Carrie Underwood) in a missions trip to Thailand. There, she learns of how she can inspire people . She understands that the loss of her arm can also be taken as a gift and decides to use that gift.
This movie is PG. There is no sex or nudity in the film, though girls are wearing bikinis throughout the movie. Bethany's parents, Tom Hamilton (Dennis Quaid) and Cheri Hamilton (Helen Hunt) kiss playfully in the movie, but nothing remotely graphic. I think this is a great movie and I hope you do too :) I give it a 5/5
Thor
Created by Marvel Comics comes a very interesting and entertaining movie. When Thor (Chris Hemsworth from 'Star Trek'), a Warrior and the future King of Asgard (the fantasy realm), is banned from Asgard by his father because of his arrogance and sent to Earth. Thor's world changes. Jane Foster (Natalie Portman), a scientist, witnesses his decision and seeks out answers from him. Back in Asgard, Thor's brother, Loki, takes over the throne and slowly starts corrupting Asgard. Fellow Warriors of Thor's find a way to warn Thor by heading to earth. Thor, learning about love and honor on Earth, sets out to help his fellow Warriors in saving Asgard and Earth while destroying the only way back to Earth and the woman he loves.

This movie was rated a PG-13. It has light kissing, nothing too bad. We also see Thor shirtless in one scene. There is light profanity, and only the words d*** and a** are used once along with h*** is used four times. I recommend this movie. I thought it was amazing. I have definitly asked for this for christmas, it was one of the first things I included on my list! I love this movie. I give it a 5/5 for a good plot and little to no cursing.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallow: Part 2
Now I know that some people do not like the Harry Potter movies because of their beliefs and I just want to make it clear I am in no way, shape, or form trying to change what you believe. To me though, the Harry Potter movies are good. I love them and have even read the books.
In this last movie of the Harry Potter series, Harry comes face to face with Lord Voldemort. This movie is full of danger, love, and sacrifice as Harry trys to save the people he loves and his home in Hogwarts. This movie takes Harry and his friends Ron and Hermione through underground railroads and a tussle with a dragon. Through a huge room in Hogwarts than anything could become lost in, and through a journey to self discovery and sacrifice. Will good ultimately triumph or will Lord Voldemort win in killing "The boy who lives"? If you like these movies or were not sure about them I think you should watch them (but only if you want to, honestly no pressure) I think they were great.
This movie was rated PG-13 and only has light kissing included. There is one B---- word and a few uses of H---, sometimes with the word bloody infront of it. I loved this movie and give it a 4/5.
 
 
Gnomeo & Juliet
Now before you all go "WHAT! shes writing a review on a movie about gnomes, how childish" I will have all of you know this movie is actually kind of funny. It has a good few laughs in it and it is quite cute. So, I would hope all of you already know what Romeo and Juliet is about but if not let me tell you. Romeo and Juliet is about two families who hate each and have a huge feud but a guy and a girl from those two families fall in love and in the end they basically die for the loss of the other. So, this is basically what Gnomeo and Juliet is about just with Gnomes instead of people. The only thing is this cute little movie with its gnome people couldn't end in tragedy could it? Guess the only way your going to find out is if you actually watch the movie.
The movie was rated G, and the only thing in this movie is there is a Dolly Parton like Gnome with tight jeans and a cleavage baring top, a guy gnome is seen wearing a Borat like swimsuit, and Gnomeo and Juliet eventually get too kiss but this is all with Gnomes so its really not bad. There is no cursing in this movie at all. I give it a 3.5/5.

The Smurfs
I love the Smurfs, I think they are just adorable and anyone who says differently shame on you, haha im just kidding..but seriously :). The smurfs where always my favorite cartoon and what I loved to watch so when they decided to make a movie I was so excited so I am definitly asking for it for Christmas.
For those of you who dont know who the Smurfs are (tsk! tsk!) let me fill you in. The Smufs are little blue people from the middle ages. There they have this cute little village where they all live. Until one day the evil wizard Gargamel (Hank Zaria, Night of the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian) runs the Smurfs into the woods and out of their village. The Smurfs go into a portal in the woods and magically find themselves falling through the portal and landing in the middle of Central Park, New York. The Smurfs have to hurry and find a way back to their village before Gargamel gets them. Watch the Smurfs and their daring adventure. The Smurfs Movie is rated PG there is nothing very bad in this movie but the Smurfs kind of change cuss words like an example is: "Son of a smurf" or "oh my Smurf". Its not really bad I thought I should just warn you but other than that there is no cursing. There is some sexual stuff included in the Smurfs but nothing too bad, Smurfette stands on an airvent and it blows her dress up and she says "that breeze feels good on my enchanted forest" and there is one scene when a Smurf says thanks for holding my hand and another Smurf replies with "Thats not my hand". Overall the movie is pretty clean and I really liked it. I give it a 4/5.


Puss in Boots
Okay call me a nerd if you want but I absolutely adore Puss in Boots. Hes just so fluffy and cute (even tho I know hes not real haha). Puss in Boots is about Puss's past and how he came to be who he is today. It talks about how he was an orphan that made friends with an egg named Humpty and how that friend shared his same dreams. Then it went through Humptys pure betrayal of the feline and the reason Puss is now a maverick wandering about. Soon Puss meets his equal..in Kitty Softpaws. Puss soon falls in love with Kitty, but wait! Kitty Softpaws is already in cohorts with Humpty Alexander Dumpty! *Gasp from the audience*.
This movie was rated PG, There is one scene were Puss is seen buckling his sword belt and it is obvious he just slept with a girl cat. He makes a point for everyone to know his reputation as a lover and being called frisky two times. There is one gasp of "Oh my G--" I give this movie a 4/5.
Anyways this is my Christmas list I hope you enjoyed and will think of using a few of these yourself :)

Did you know that Kari loves horror books?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment