1. Arts and crafts are always something fun and silly to do together. Your man might not be the most creative out there but making paper snowflakes or any other craft will bring out his playful/creative side!
2. I don’t know one guy who doesn’t like to go sledding at least once every year! This date is cheap and easy, all you need is snow, a hill and a sled. Now GO!
3. Visit a book store! Go to a book store together and pick out a book together that you both would like to read together. My boyfriend and I enjoy picking out couple’s devotionals and reading them together. It’s a great way to straighten any relationship.
4. Volunteer at an animal shelter once a week. Most people are huge animal lovers, so unless you or your date has an allergy to animals this would be a fun and free date idea!
5. Movie night with family is a safe date to do in the Winter. Find the nearest Redbox and buy a good comedy or drama along with a bag of popcorn. This is a great way for you and your date to get to know the others family.
6. Have a game night, take that game of Scrabble or Apples to Apples and play together or with family and friends. Game nights help to learn more about each other and make great memories to go alone with it.
7. Make dinner together. My boyfriend and I always find this one fun. You can cook something out of the old family cookbook or make up your own recipe!
8. Make fireplace s’mores! If either one of you has a real fireplace light it up and cook some s’mores!
9. Who doesn’t enjoy a trip to the mall!?
10. Ice skating is a great way to learn to trust each other a little more. If you’re like me and have never been ice skating and your boyfriend does this date could make for a good learning experience for you!
11. Have a video game tournament with him. Nothing will touch his heart more than plopping down on the couch next to him and challenging him to a game Call of Duty!
12. Bowling is also another way to challenge your man’s skills!
13. Museums a fun way to spend the day together. You can learn together and play together depending on what museum you visit!
14. Build a snowman! If you get snow in the winter like I do there’s nothing like going outside, being creative and making a snowman. Use food coloring or spray paint and give old Frosty some color. Visit a GoodWill or other thrift store and buy Frosty a hat and coat. Have fun with it! Paint him your favorite Football team’s colors or paint a bunch of different things on him.
15. Go see a sports game. This may be a bit on the pricey side, but nothing beats a local basketball (Sadly not this year) or football game!
Whatever you do this year remember to keep it safe and have fun with everything you do. Don’t take things too seriously, if something doesn’t work out the way you planned it make the best out of it. The messed up dates are normally the ones that make for the greatest memories!