Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A Word From the Wise (The Wise Being God)




 Dear Nadia,

My parents are really over-protective.  Mostly my Mom.  I feel like I can't do anything without her watching me or telling me I can't.  There are a few things that I want to do that I don't see any harm in.  She says no.  I've tried talking to her.  She says I'm just too young and I need to adjust my attitude.  But I don't think I have an attitude at all - I'm just frustrated!  What should I do?  I can't just wait to get older! That takes too long!

 ~Not Old Enough for Anything



Dear Not Old Enough for Anything,

I know this sounds cliche, but your mom is doing what she does because
she loves you. You might not want to hear it, but it's true. With
regards to your attitude, keep on having a good attitude! 1 Peter 3:8
says, "Finally, all of you, have unity of mind, sympathy, [sisterly]
love, a tender heart, and a humble mind." I challenge you: each time
you feel like you are unfairly judged as having a bad attitude and
every time you have to wait to do something until you are older, have
a joyful attitude! Like Proverbs 17:22 says, "A joyful heart is good
medicine."

God has called us to be obedient to our parents and to go even
farther: to HONOR them (Exodus 20:12), which ties back into having a
good attitude. I think God is giving you a good opportunity to
practice even more your humility and patience. You can glorify Him by
continuing to strive to have a good attitude, and in the process you
will bless your mom and show her that you want to gain her trust by
displaying a patient, humble heart.
~Nadia

No comments:

Post a Comment