Monday, November 8, 2010

Wow Hits 2011~ "In Our Headphones"~ A Music Review by Michelle Pell

The complete Wow Hits 2011 album has thirty songs on it and two CDs. So I decided to split it up and do one review on each CD. I'll be starting with Disc One (as you may have guessed).

Wow Hits music albums have something for every taste, from pop, worship, and adult contemporary to rock, urban, and indie. I myself love every song on the 2011 edition, no matter what the genre. Disc one is full of encouraging songs talking about witnessing to a faithless world, the greatness of God, hope of Heaven, and finding our help in the Lord. It includes known artists such as Casting Crowns, Jeremy Camp, and Natalie Grant, along with some new ones like Josh Wilson, The Museum, and Matt Maher. I have the deluxe edition which features 6 bonus remixes, but it is a bit more expensive.

I was especially excited to find the song Our God was included in the album. The meaningful lyrics remind me that our God is stronger than anything that may come against us, and renews my hope in a fallen world.

1. Until The Whole World Hears - Casting Crowns
2. Our God (Radio Version) - Passion (featuring Chris Tomlin)
3. What Faith Can Do - Kutless
4. The Greatness Of Our God - Natalie Grant
5. Healing Hand Of God - Jeremy Camp
6. Hold Us Together - Matt Maher
7. Love Never Fails - Brandon Heath 
8. My Own Little World - Matthew West
9. The Words I Would Say - Sidewalk Prophets
10. Heaven Is The Face - Steven Curtis Chapman
11. Better Than A Hallelujah - Amy Grant
12. Before The Morning - Josh Wilson
13. Love Has Come - Mark Schultz
14. You Found Me - Big Daddy Weave
15. My Help Comes From The Lord - The Museum
Deluxe Edition Tracks
  1. Tunnel (Savage Head Remix) – Third Day
  2. Like A Child (Savage Rejuvenation Remix) – Jars Of Clay
  3. Need You To Love Me (Fredtown Manila Remix) - Barlow Girl

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I am SO gonna add this to my iTunes to-buy list! Thanks
    :) Nadia

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait til i can get this album, i love all the wows :) haha

    ReplyDelete