Monday, December 5, 2011

The Perfect Christmas Gift~ Rachel Melillo

Christmas time! I love Christmas time! And as most teenagers, I love Christmas... for a multitude of reasons. I love to give, but it would be a lie if I said that I didn't like to receive as well. I remember each Christmas, my aunts and uncles would ask me what my favorite gift was and I would usually name the most expensive Christmas gift. In my head, it made sense for my favorite gift to equal the one that cost the most money.

Though I've always known that Jesus was God's gift to us, it didn't really sink in until I was older. One Christmastime after I rededicated my life to Christ, I realized how crazy it was that God would become a baby. A baby. I mean, think about that, the Maker of the universe became the most dependent human being possible. When it comes right down to it, all babies can really do is cry and go to the bathroom. That's really humbling. God didn't have to do that; He could have skipped that step and just hopped down to earth as a twenty-five year old man and then saved the world.

I've always heard of people referring to babies as God's gift to us. How much more amazing is it to think that God gave us a baby? He gave us a miracle baby from Himself. He gave us the perfect gift.

Did you know that Rachel's favorite number is 144?!?!
Did you know that Abby's favorite candy is Nerds?!

Photograph property of Lilies Among Thorns Magazine. Photograph taken by Abby Whear.

No comments:

Post a Comment