Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Writing Notes to God~ Hogan Stevens

This has been a very stressful year for me. I’ll be a senior after this summer, so I’ve been researching all kinds of colleges and majors. I am sure a lot of you know just what this is like. Super stressful! And doesn’t it sometimes seem like no one really understands what you’re going through when they try to tell you not to stress?
 
Well, Someone understands. And He is the best person you could talk to when you’re feeling down or anxious.
 
And while I’ve found that praying can relax me and help me through the day, I also love communicating to God through another way. I write notes to Him. Most of the time, I’ll write Him a letter in my diary or my prayer journal, but just the other day I heard of another way to write notes.
 
Get a box--any kind you want--and cut a hole in the top. And then, when you are feeling low or just want to talk to Jesus, write out a simple note on a slip of paper and drop it into your prayer box. Keep it next to your bed or on your desk, and once your prayer has been dropped you can know that God has received it. The Lord knows what is best for you and He truly wants to make you happy; just remember that sometimes He has something different in mind than you--and that often times His plan turns out much greater than you could have ever imagined.
 
I know I’ll be dropping several notes into my box! Mostly I think I’ll be asking for patience as I search for the right university, and I definitely will need His guiding hand this coming year and beyond. I am looking forward to filling up my prayer box and--years from now, when I have finally found my way-- I will open it up and sift through the forgotten prayers and marvel at just how God answered them all. Not in my way, but in His perfect will.

1 comment: