Wednesday, February 2, 2011

From Your Little Girl~ A Poem by Lea Sadler



The day of dread has come around
where the old might be forgotten and the new is unknown
where heart pounding worry is fully abound
and what might be reaped is what you’ve sown.

I betrayed your trust and defied your help
but you always forgave when you heard my pleas
Even through our screaming I could, no doubt, tell
that your love would always come with ease.

For the eighteen years of tragedies, trials, and troubles
there were kisses to calm what gave me a whirl
When I leave, I can see that your heart will severely crumble
But don't worry, Mommy, I'm still your little girl.

You always understood what life was putting me through
and never second guessed my made-up choices
When I say, "I love you," know it's the grateful truth
and yours is one I will always choose out of many voices.

We didn't always get along, and our battles silenced us both
but I knew you would listen to the things I kept personal
and you walked me through to the end of my growth
but don't worry, Daddy, I'm still your little girl.

So as an adult, here's what I will first say:
I'm grown up and moving on to a scary world
and you know you can trust me to do better than ok
but don't worry, Mommy and Daddy, I'll always be your little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment